Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 2

"When the day is dawning on a Texas Sunday morning
how I long to be there
with Marie who's waiting for me there
every lonely city where I hang my hat
ain't as half as pretty as where my baby's at

Is this the way to Amarillo
every night I've been hugging my pillow
dreaming dreams of Amarillo..."


---Tony Christie, "Amarillo"
 
We hit the road bright and early this morning to continue our drive towards the west coast.  We conquered the rest of Missouri, all of Oklahoma (a first for both mom and I...neither of us had ever been in Oklahoma), and some of Texas.  Lots of laughs were had and many memorable moments were shared.  We are now up to 13 new license plates which brings us up to a grand total of 35 different state license plates and 1 province.  We also learned many fun facts about Oklahoma like that the shopping cart was invented in Oklahoma and the first installed parking meter was in Oklahoma.

537 miles later and we arrived in Amarillo, Texas just in time for the Jets v. Steelers AFC Championship game.  Mom and I hunkered down in the hotel with pizza, chips and dip, wine, and Mr. Bojrab popcorn to cheer on our Jets.  After a very intense second half of the game, the Jets were defeated 19-24.  Guess we will be rooting for the Steelers in the SuperBowl.

Tomorrow brings a whole new day of adventures.  But to close out today, Day 2, here is a picture of the view mom and I had at a rest area in Texas along the way:


Til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment