Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 3

"From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA."

---Lee Greenwood, "Proud To Be An American"

Hello from Flagstaff, Arizona.  Today was a day full of driving and adventure.  Mom and I experienced the wide open fields of Texas and New Mexico before entering the more mountainous parts of New Mexico and Arizona.  It makes me proud to be an American knowing I can drive through our great country and experience so many beautiful sights.  We witnessed skies that seemed to go on forever, tumbleweeds traveling across the highway right in front of our car, mountains, and deserts.  Once we entered into Arizona, we witnessed the beauty of the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest.  It is hard to believe that these landscapes have been around for hundreds and thousands of years.


Day 3...I chose two pictures from today.  The first picture is of the Painted Desert in Arizona and the second picture is of the beautiful sunset we saw while driving towards Flagstaff.

Tomorrow we will visit another wonder of the United States, the Grand Canyon!  I am sure I will have lots to say about that trip.  Instead of driving from Flagstaff to the Canyon, we are going to take the Grand Canyon Railway.

It is hard to believe that a week from tomorrow I will be beginning my internship, the final step to receiving my Bachelors Degree in Music Business Administration from Indiana State University.  Music has been my life since elementary school.  I always loved music classes and especially loved when I was able to join the orchestra, choir, band, and ringers when I got older.  I learned a new side of music, the business side, when I began following small name artists.  I was introduced to artist managers, small concerts and concerts on a larger scale, and all of the thought and work it takes to put on an event.  After that, I knew I wanted music to be my career.  And here I am, getting ready to live this dream.  I never thought this day would actually come.  

Tomorrow is just another step in the right direction...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment