Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 5

"Well if you ever plan to motor west
Just take my way that's the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66
Well it winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than 2000 miles all the way
Get your kicks on Route 66
Well it goes from St Louis, down to Missouri
Oklahoma city looks oh so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona don't forget Winona
Kingsman, Barstaw, San Bernadino"

---Bobby Troup, "Route 66" 

Day 5

After 5 days of traveling and adventures, Mom and I arrived in sunny Carlsbad, California this afternoon.  I thought "Route 66" was fitting since we followed the basic route all the way here.  As we were driving in California this afternoon, this song came on Mom's iPod and we realized that we hit each and every city mentioned in the song (except for Chicago).  As for Carlsbad, my apartment is amazing (pictures to follow after I have unpacked and decorated) and my landlords seem like very nice people.  Not to mention their two dogs (one of which is a boxer just like my Rina girl!!!!) are so cute and playful.  I can't wait to spend the next six months in California learning about the music industry.

Tonight is a short post...more about life in Carlsbad tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment