Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 9

"So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder that I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on"

-Taylor Swift, "Never Grow Up"

This morning I was up bright and early to drop mom off at the airport.  On the drive back to my apartment (34 minutes away from the San Diego Airport for those of you who might be wondering) it starting sinking in that this is not just a vacation for me.  On Tuesday I will begin my internship at NAMM and will be working out here for six months.  I never would have guessed four years ago when I started at ISU that I would be ending my college career in California working with such an awesome company!

For the first time I am living alone.  It is kind of weird to think that I cannot just turn around and talk to someone but I think I might actually like having my "own" place for awhile.  I can't wait to get into working and learning more about NAMM.  I know I will meet a lot of amazing people while I am out here and can't wait to leave with new friends.

I want to thank my incredible mother for taking this adventure with me.  I do not know how this whole trip out here would have gone without you.  Day 9 is dedicated to my mom...
I love you and miss you!  Thank you for coming along on my journey.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment