Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 172

"Ma, you always taught me
What was right from wrong
And now I just wanna give it a try
Mama, I've been in the nest for far too long
So please give a push and mama watch me fly
Watch me fly

Hey, mama, say mama

Someday i will meet a man
You won't condemn
And we will have some kids
And you can torture them
But let me be a star
Before i take that vow
'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now"

---Hairspray Cast, "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now"

And it is officially starting to hit me.  Today I finished my long term project for the internship, my Steinway scanning project!!!  I am super excited to be done but it is strange.  I only have 6 days left in the office until my internship is over and I am spit out into the real world.  How can it be possible that my six months in California are going to be over in two short weeks?  Then I move on to be an unemployed college graduate.  A plus, that I don't think I mentioned in my blog with all of the other stuff going on, is that I applied for my first big person job!!!!  There is a job opening for an Events Manager at the Embassy Theater in Fort Wayne.  It seems to be a new position and I think it would be an awesome position for me to being my career in the entertainment industry.  The resume and cover letter are in and now I play the waiting game.  I am trying not to be to anxious about it but it is hard.  I don't like waiting!!

For my picture of the day I had this BIG plan to do "The Penny Diaries"...
 A few days ago (I think it was Thursday of last week) a pile of 4 or 5 pennies showed up on the ledge next to the stairs at work.  The next time I walked by the pile had grown to about 10 pennies and they were in the shape of a star.  Each time I pass by the stairs (normally at least 4 or 5 times a day) the pennies number of pennies have grown and the shape has changed.  This is actually a picture I took yesterday of the pennies (I haven't been able to capture more photos but if I get some I'll post them).  They have also been in the shape of a happy face, ice cream cone, and hot air balloon.  There are probably more things but those are just the things I remember.  The fact that people keep adding to the pile and changing the shapes is awesome.  I am going to miss the people at NAMM when I am done.  They are so awesome and so creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment