Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 174

"Woke up in London yesterday
Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
Don't really know how I got here
I got some pictures on my phone

New names and numbers that I don't know
Address to places like Abbey Road
Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want
We're young enough to say

Oh this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life

Say oh, got this feeling that you can't fight
Like this city is on fire tonight
This could really be a good life
A good, good life"

---One Republic, "Good Life"

Today was a good day at work!  Lots of laughter and good times.  I think with the show so close everyone is getting a little loopy...I can only imagine what it would be like right before the winter show.  We started off the morning with the return of the pennies and penny wars!!
I can't remember if I mentioned this yesterday but the pennies disappeared during the day yesterday!  Everyone was sad that they were gone and there was no more creativity to be had.  Then...this morning...they returned again!  The creativity returned and everyone was happy to continue arranging the pennies into fun shapes and messages.  During the morning, Ken and I had what we call "story time" with our members.  We read lots of e-mail and listened to lots of phone message stories, some of which were quite amusing, about why they hadn't ordered their badges on time or issues that thought they were having.  Always a fun time sitting next to Ken all day.

During lunch, we had an in depth conversation about a million different topics and played some rounds of "would you rather" which can be pretty amusing with a bunch of adults who enjoy acting like kids!  It really makes me realized that I am going to miss the atmosphere at NAMM.  I hope that where ever I get a job, I will have fun people that I work with and people I can joke around with and enjoy my work day.

After lunch, I was covering the receptionist's break and the CEO of NAMM, Joe, came down and we had a pretty lengthy conversation about what is up next in my life.  He was very supportive and said that if I needed anything that I shouldn't hesitate to ask.  He said I am now a part of the NAMM family and there is nothing I can do about it.  I think it is amazing that as an intern in a decent sized company, I was able to actually get to know the CEO.  Not every CEO would take 20 minutes out of their day just to chat with the intern about life.  It really meant a lot to me that I know I can ask him to be a reference for a job.  He told me that if I do not get a job right away that I should definitely talk with Sweetwater...if for nothing else then just to visit with Chuck (who is a NAMM board member).

I am really going to miss it here.  I hope a find a work community that is half as much fun as NAMM has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment