Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 12

"Music without passion is just noise..."

---Dr. Buchanan, ISU

Another successful day on the job.  Today's word of the day was independence!  I spent most of the day without a specific person looking after me.  I knew when and where I had to be and I made it fit into the schedule.  Hard to believe that on my second day on the job I was pretty much on my own.

I began my day, Day 12, by learning how to open the Museum of Music Making. The museum is awesome and I would hope that anyone coming to visit me checks it out.  There is tons of information about the music industry (especially the products industry) and it follows music beginning in the late 1800s and moves forward in 10 year increments until today.  At the end of the day I learned how to close.  I will spend my Sunday's during the internship (when I am available) working in the museum.
Other than the museum, I was in charge of relieving the receptionist for her two breaks and her lunch hour.  I will be doing this throughout the internship but it was nerve racking to do this on my SECOND day.  Several employees who stopped by to talk were amazed that they put me alone at the desk on my second day.  At one point, the phone rang and I knew the answer to the question without having to ask anyone so I was really proud of myself!  I also helped out in OSR (office supply room) to do some inventory since there is only one employee for the entire area.

Nothing super exciting (for everyone to read) happened today.  Hopefully tomorrow I will feel more inspired to write about my day

No comments:

Post a Comment