Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 31

"We sign our cards and letters BFF
You've got a million ways to make me laugh
You're lookin' out for me, you've got my back
So good to have you around

You know the secrets I could never tell
And when I'm quiet you break through my shell
Don't feel the need to do a rebel yell
'Cause you keep my feet on the ground

You're a true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside when something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again
You're a true friend"

---Miley Cyrus, "True Friend"

A best friend is someone you can turn to no matter what the circumstances.  It is not necessarily someone you see every day.  It does not have to be someone you even talk to every day.  But they are someone, who when you talk with them, it is like no time has passed since the last conversation.  It is rare to have several best friends but I can honestly say that I have several best friends.  Each one of them has affected my life in a way I will never forget.  Each one of them is completely different and yet they each complete my life.  I could not live without them.

"Together forever, never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart."
Day 31

2,600 miles away from me, in State College, Pennsylvania is a girl celebrating her 22nd birthday tonight.  This girl, Jacinta Naomi Dorsey is my BEST friend!  I have known Jacinta since I was five years old.  We began kindergarten together at Lake Anne Elementary and have been friends ever since.  In the last 17 years, we have had so many memories and have been through so much.  We have shared laughs, tears, broken bones, inside jokes, adventures, a move, memories...and through it all, we have remained best friends!  Remember that time you stuck a paper clip into a light socket in first grade?  How about in Fort Wayne when we went on a mastodon hunt?  What about our 4th grade trip to Jamestown/Williamsburg?  Things I will never forget.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACY! You will always be my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment