Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 16

"What up? I got Nosk in here with me This ain't a diss song, but uhmm...
Yeah, uh-huh, you know what it is
I'm a cheesehead, y'all n------ Cheez Whiz
Pittsburgh Steelers, thats nothin'
That Super Bowl ring, thats stuntin'
Pull up in your town, when you see me you know everything
Green and yellow, Green and yellow
Green and yellow, Green and yellow
I put it down, representin' for my team
I'm in green and yellow, Green and yellow
Green and yellow, Green and yellow"

---Lil Wayne, "Green and Yellow"

Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers, new Super Bowl champs!  I had a new Super Bowl experience this year...I missed half the game because I had to work.  I made it home after the half time performance and I am a little upset I missed all the good commercials and the performances.  I did not "attend" a Super Bowl party, however, I was able to see all of my family and "join" their party through Skype!  What a great invention...here is a picture or two from the evening




I bet my family did not realize I was taking pictures of them on the camera!!! Thank you for allowing me to share in the Super Bowl festivities even if I couldn't be there! I love you all.

On the music industry side of the Super Bowl, the big talk of the town is about Christina Aguilera and her flubbing of the National Anthem lyrics.  I was not home to see the National Anthem but I did catch it on youtube after I saw all the comments on facebook about it.  It was interesting to see the difference in opinions of many music majors about the performance.  For me, personally, I feel like she was concentrating too much on the vocal augmentation which is why she forgot the words.  If she had sang the song more melodically and less ornamented then maybe she would have remembered how the song goes.  I understand that people make mistakes but if a celebrity is chosen to perform the country's National Anthem, they should almost be flawless.  If they are not, it will be talked about!  Aguilera did a good job of recovering and I'm not even sure she realized that she changed the words.  I wonder how she is feeling at this moment.  What is running through her mind about her major flub on national TV? 

Week two of my internship begins tomorrow...five days down, TONS more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment