Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 29

"I did it like this
I did it like that
And it always comes back some how
And I don't know how to break this pattern down

I think I've been here before

I think I've run into you
I know the things that you do
Cause this is Deja Vu
Whoa Whoa
This is Deja Vu
Whoa Whoa
This is Deja Vu"

---3Oh!3, "Deja Vu"

Today was my first day with absolutely NO plans since I started my internship.  I was super excited about sleeping in but my body woke me up at 6:30...7...and 8 until I was up for good.  I enjoyed a very lazy morning before deciding to take a drive up the coast to see what I could see.  When I got into Orange County I began recognizing small things about the area.  It was as if I had been there before.  Finally, in Dana Point, I passed by a McDonald's and KNEW I had been there before.  I immediately realized that it was the McDonald's I stopped at two years earlier after first visiting the NAMM building with the ISU students.  I found it weird that as I was driving towards this area on the Coast Highway that I was beginning to think that I had been there before.  Then when I saw the McDonald's...I knew!  It was major deja vu!!

Then, when I was driving on my way home on the 5 I passed another area that I specifically remember visiting in 2009.  Day 29 is a picture that was taken at Vista Point which is just a little stopping area with a view of the ocean opposite of Camp Pendleton on the 5.
Although this is just a parking lot RIGHT off of the highway, with no buildings or anything...just a parking lot...when I passed it today I knew it was the same spot.  I never knew the name of this place we stopped...in fact, I didn't realize it had a name until I was driving by this afternoon!!  Funny how certain things are very vivid in our memories and others are just faint pictures.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment