Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 19

"Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
you have everything you need
If you just believe"

---Josh Groban, "Believe"


"A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true"

---Disney's Cinderella, "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Believe is a very strong word.  Since I was little I was taught to believe in myself and my dreams.  I know that some day they will all come true.  I think we all need reminding of this sometimes.  Times can be hard and things can be going horribly wrong...but everything that is happening in life with eventually lead you to all your dreams coming true.  They may not come true in the sense of having tons of money when your dream is for riches but I believe that something in your life means more to you than money and that is what makes you rich.

All through college I believed I would be in the music industry.  And here I am, interning for one of the most important companies in the industry.  When I mention NAMM to other people in the industry, regardless of if they are involved in products, recording, or any other aspect, they know they name.  I believe that after this internship, I may not find my dream job right away, but it is out there and I will find it eventually.

We all need a little reminding...
As soon as you do, everyone else will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment