Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 23

"You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can.
I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am.

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it

this brokenness inside me might start healing.
Out here its like I'm someone else,
I thought that maybe I could find myself.
If I could walk around I swear I'll leave.
Won't take nothing but a memory
from the house that built me."

---Miranda Lambert, "The House That Built Me"

Tonight is one of the biggest nights in music...The Grammy Awards!!  A night where artists of all genres and ideas come together, collaborate, and celebrate another amazing year in music.  I hope that one day I can attend the awards show and experience this amazing night of music for myself.  This night always makes me think about the planning and creativity that goes into putting this event on.  It is no easy task to stage an event that will be taken by every imaginable musician.  Not to mention the amount of musicians who perform together for the first time the night before the show at the rehearsal.  You have to be a true musician in order to pull off a fantastic performance after only performing together ONE time prior to the show.

I also love the respect that each artists show each other throughout the show.  For example the Justin Bieber/Jayden Smith/Usher performance...They got a standing ovation (rightfully deserved) but watching the audience, you could tell they appreciated what was done in that performance.  Many people have comments and criticism about artists but you have to agree that the success they are having does not come out of no where.  You have to respect what they do on the stage because clearly they are doing something right or they would not be up on that stage.  Bieber may not be everybody's cup of tea but he is up there doing his thing and doing a pretty darn good job!  No one can argue that.

I think the Day 23 picture is going to be my Grammy pick for Best New Artist next year...
Stevie is going to make it to the top...and I predict 2011 is going to be the year it happens!!!!! (just had to put up the baby picture lol hard to believe how much he has changed in the past 8 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment