Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 34

"I said don't do it babe
Said it ain't worth it babe
But you did it anyway
Four or five drinks and you were on your way
Everything's cool on the straight away
But you took that turn doing eighty-five in a thirty-five
Why babe?

Every time I'm home I pass that road

Driving alone and the street feels cold
Seeing your face yeah it's haunting me
My mind goes crazy tryin' to figure out
Just where you would be four years from now
And what you were thinking when the lights came down
Doctors were trying to save you for three damn hours"

---Jesse McCartney, "Invincible"

Life is short.  You never know when your entire world could come crashing down.  It is always unfair when a young person's life is taken from them.  It is scary for the people who surround them and even people who have just come in contact with them.  In the past 24 hours, I was reminded of just how short life can be.  A week ago, a person I went to high school with was in a horrible plane crash.  He was the pilot of the plane and him and his passenger did a nose dive into a wooded area in western Indiana.  He was unconscious in the plane while he waited for help to arrive.  Upon his rescue, he was rushed to an Indianapolis hospital and there has been little updates since.  This morning I received a text saying that Tony passed away.  I have since heard that he was declared brain dead but he is not officially deceased.  It is crazy to think that someone I graduated high school with, a talented, nice, down to earth guy, is fighting for his life.  His family and friends have not given up hope but it is hard to think he can come back from this.

I have also received news that a young man who I know has been diagnosed with cancer.  An incredible boy, who is only a freshman in college, is now fighting the disease that so many others have lost the battle against.  Many people, however, have beat it and I hope that this strong young man is one of those many.  This brings me to the point of this post....

Live life to the fullest.  Never take a day for granted.  Do everything you want to do in life and do not put it off until tomorrow because you never know when there may not be a tomorrow.  Tell everyone how you feel...don't be cryptic.  They deserve to know and you deserve the right to tell them.  Fulfill your dreams every day and if you do then there are no regrets down the road.  None if us are invincible and no one knows when their time will come.

The picture for Day 34 is an example of how I am living life to the fullest...
I'm moving up in the NAMM world!  I now have my own office...with a view!!! ok...so maybe its not really related to the topic at hand but it is a little more uplifting and exciting.  And maybe its not officially MINE but for the next several weeks, I have been relocated from my little desk to this lovely office.  I am working on a project which requires more desk space and an enclosed room so I do not disturb other workers.  I am scanning documents that were left to NAMM by Henry Steinway that date back to the beginning of the Steinway company.  Henry Steinway filed folders on each and every company who ever sold a Steinway Piano.  It is really cool to look through the folders and see all the old pictures and a glimpse into the relationships that Mr. Steinway had with his distributors.

Tomorrow I am heading to Anaheim for the whole day to go to a seminar.  More on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment