Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 27

"Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
How did our eyes get so red?
And what the hell is on Joey's head?

And this is where I grew up
I think the present owner fixed it up
I never knew we'd ever went without
The second floor is hard for sneaking out"
---Nickleback, "Photograph"


"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away."

---Eudora Welty

I spent the entire day today with photographs!  I am in the process...a very LONG process...of helping the Resource Center and MarCom (marketing and communication) to rename ALL of their photographs on the server.  There are thousands and thousands of pictures from the NAMM shows alone on the server not to mention all of the other events and happenings that there are pictures of.  I started today with the Summer NAMM 08 pictures as a tester and I am amazed at the amount of time it really takes to rename ALL the pictures.  I probably got about half way through this album today but I spent a good 6 hours working on these pictures.  This project is really fun for me because I am able to see much of Summer NAMM which is exciting because that is what my entire internship leads up to and I have never gone before.  I am excited to, throughout six months, get through a lot of the pictures and see what has gone on at NAMM shows in the past and what I have missed out on at the shows I have gone to.

And speaking of photos...Day 27...
 I never realized how annoying a smoke alarm could be!  This evening I was cooking in my kitchen when all of the sudden my smoke alarm started going off!!!!!  I have NO idea why...there was no smoke in my apartment and nothing I was cooking was burning.  I went to try and shut it off and it would NOT stop.  Steve, my landlord, came down when he went outside and heard it going off and we tried everything to get it to stop.  After about 7 minutes of the high deafening sound it finally stopped.  I think my ears are still ringing a little but at least I know that it would alert me if there ever were a real problem...no doubt that I would wake up to that sound.

I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment