Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 37

"Don't you turn your back on me,
Don't you walk away.
Don't you tell me that I don't care,
Cause' I do.

Don't you tell me, I'm not the one,
Don't you tell me, I ain't no fun,
Just tell me you love me, like I love you.
You know you do.

When we're together,
Clear skies are clear, oh.
And I'll share them, till where I'm less depressed.
And it's sincerely, from the bottom of my heart,
I just can't take it when we're apart.

We belong together,
We belong together.
Yes, we do,
You'll be mine, forever.

We belong together,
We belong together.
Oh, it's true,
It's gonna stay this way, forever,
Me and you." 

---Randy Newman, "We Belong Together"

This song won Best Original Song in a Movie this year at the Academy Awards!  It was a song in "Toy Story 3"....the cutest animated movie I have seen in years!  I laughed...I cried...and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire movie and remembering back to the first two Toy Story movies which came out when I was a child.  Watching the Oscars tonight, reminds me of the amount of movies I have NEVER seen!  Some of which I actually want to see and some I could care less.  I am really looking forward to finding a RedBox out here and renting "The Social Network" sometime soon!  Not only have I been told what a great movie it is, it won for best original score which means it has great music!  Once I watch, I will be sure to report back and let you know if it was worth all the hype!

The finale for the Oscars is amazing!!! A choir of 5th grade kids from PS22 in Staten Island, New York singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"! They sound absolutely amazing!  It seriously brought a tear to my eye.  It is moments like this that make me wonder how school systems could ever cut music from the school systems.  Music is clearly such an important part of learning and schools.  Thank your music teachers....they work hard every day to bring music to kids.  I do not know where I would be without my amazing music teachers who encouraged me to stay involved in music throughout my schooling.


So Day 37 pictures are dedicated to those who have inspired me and kept me involved in music...


Just three of my favorite band directors...and only three of my amazing music teachers I have had over the years!  Thank you to Mrs. Foster, Mrs. Block, Mrs. Rupert (Dale), Mr. Taylor, Mr. Sapp, Mr. Branam, Mr. Klee, Mr. Smekens, Mrs. Butler, DK, Dr. Ballad, Dr. Piechocinski, Alex, Glen, Doc Mitchell, and all of the rest of the professors at ISU.


Now to completely change the subject...I have decided I am SOOOOOO glad I am not in classes right now.  Today, a friend texted me and told me that she was about to ask me how my paper was going before she realized that I am not writing a paper because I am not in class!!!  It is still pretty weird to believe that I never have to write another paper, take another test, or attend another class.  And it makes it even stranger that majority of my friends are still in classes.  YAY FOR BEING OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment