Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 22

"If everybody had an ocean
Across the U.S.A.
Then everybody'd be surfin'
Like californ-I-A
You'd see 'em wearin' their baggies
Huarachi sandals, too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U.S.A.

You'd catch 'em surfin at Del Mar (Inside, outside, U.S.A.)

Ventura County line
Santa Cruz and Tressels,
Australia's Narabine,
All over Manhattan,
And down Doheny way" 

---The Beach Boys, "Surfin USA"

I officially became a Californian today!  I tried my hand at a water sport and had a BLAST!  I went with a woman from NAMM to her Outrigger Canoe club!  Outrigger canoeing is an old Hawaiian way of canoeing.  The clubs in this area follow the Hawaiian rules and traditions while racing their boats.  We did OC6 boats which is six people in a boat (even though we cheated and added an extra person) and the paddlers row on opposite sides and switch every 15-20 strokes.  It was quite a workout but I felt good after doing it.  I think I might even go to the "newbie" paddle next weekend up at Oceanside...we will see!

Day 22 is a picture of Mary Brown and me getting ready to head out into Mission Bay...
 This is one of the canoes out on the Bay.  This afternoon I went on a walk down my the beach and had an awesome time people watching and dog watching.  I saw 3 boxers on the walk and all three of them were adorable!  I even got to test out my new camera on the sunset!  I must say, it takes far better pictures than my old camera did! THANKS MOM AND DAD!!! Here is one of my favorite sunset pictures...

And the final picture was taken on the "food setting" of my dinner tonight....stuffed shells! DE-LISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment