Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 15

"You ever look a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background?
It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. 
How many moments of other peoples life have we been in.
Were we a part of someone's life when their dream came true or were we there when their dream died. 
Did we keep trying to get in? 
As if we were somehow destined to be there or did the shot take us by surprise. 
Just think, you could be a big part of someone elses life, and not even know it."

---Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray), One Tree Hill

My Day 15 picture is of some strangers I took a picture of today...
This beautiful bride and groom were fortunate to have a perfect sunset wedding on the beach this afternoon.  I inadvertently attended by sitting on the beach to read and watch the sunset.  When I noticed people showing up in dress clothes to the beach I did not understand.  That is, until they began setting tiki torches just down the beach from where I was sitting. Even though I do not know these two people, I felt the need to capture the moment by taking some photographs of the first ever beach wedding I have attended.  It makes me wonder how many strangers have photos of me.  What am I doing in the pictures?  Have they noticed me in the photo or am I just in the background?

This last school year I read a book with a similar theme.  "Elixir" by Hilary Duff was an amazing story about a photojournalist who realizes that the same image of a beautiful man keeps showing up in her pictures.  He is normally in the background but she notices him over and over again.  When she finally meets this man, she is worried he is a stalker but soon realizes that he is the love of her life.  A little far-fetched, I know.  But it makes me wonder if I may have taken a picture of someone who will someday mean a lot to me by accident.  You never know who might just show up in pictures.
Til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment