Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 40

"Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
(Hey, what up girl?)
Put my glasses on, I’m out the door - I’m gonna hit this city (Let’s go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
Cause when I leave for the night, I ain’t coming back
I’m talking - pedicure on our toes, toes
Trying on all our clothes, clothes
Boys blowing up our phones, phones
Drop-topping, playing our favorite CDs
Pulling up to the parties
Trying to get a little bit tipsy"

---Ke$ha, "Tik Tok"


This morning, on the way to work, I was listening to the radio when a seven year old was on the air.  When this girl was asked what her favorite song was...she started singing this Ke$ha song.  I don't know about you but when I was seven, I was NOT thinking about feeling like P-Diddy or brushing my teeth with a bottle of jack.  This little girl can't possibly know what this song is about...and if she does then I am amazed!!!
For Day 40, meet me...circa age seven!!! (the one on the far right for those of you that can't tell lol)  If you had asked me what jack was when I was seven, I probably would have answered that Jack was the name of my friend Emma's little brother.  Although, I also would have guessed that this song was about a sleepover party!


Kids today are growing up differently than I did at that age.  This afternoon, there were two little girls who came through the Museum of Making Music with their grandparents.  They were such hellians!!!!  They did not listen to a word their grandparents said...and worse than that, they talked back to their grandparents!  They ran around and touched everything and threw a mini fit when they did not get what they wanted.  The entire time they were in the interactive room, I could hear them fighting with each other and throwing the drum sticks.  I knew that after they left I would have to go in and clean up after them.  It just shocks me how some kids can be so well behaved and others not.  Take my nephew...
(had to get a picture of Logan in my blog somewhere ;-))
The epitome of cute...RIGHT?  He is being taught early to say his "peases" and thank yous.  He may not listen ALL the time but what can you expect from an 18 month old?  But some kids grow up getting everything they want and realizing from the beginning that they can get away with anything.  They clearly rule the household and I can only imagine how they are going to be when they get older!


So props to all the parents out there who are raising their children to be kind, polite kids!  We need more of them in the world these days :-)  I am proud to say that everyone in my family is doing/has done an amazing job!


Rant over...til tomorrow :-D

1 comment:

  1. Annika, you have just pinpointed something I learned very quickly when I became a parent. It is something I always knew but it takes on a different meaning when you have a child of your own.

    I am on my phone so I will keep it short but you see it everywhere these days. I know I was more of a "hellian" then you but our parents were/are wonderful. I can only hope to live up to those standards. Kids will be kids.....but there needs to be some kind of boundary. Lol

    ReplyDelete