Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 49

"Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out

Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would"

---Neil Diamond, "Sweet Caroline"


So I am a few hours late for posting but better late than never!!! Yesterday was a very interesting day.  I was woken up at 5:30AM by my mother calling me.  She told me to get up and turn on the TV.  I didn't understand why she was so adamant.  She told me that there was a tsunami heading straight for California!  Now, imagine waking up so early in the morning and hearing about a tsunami!  Although I was still half asleep...I was completely amazed when I turned on the news and heard about the earthquake in Japan.  Throughout the entire day, I was receiving texts and phone calls making sure everything was ok here in California!  Thank you everyone who cared enough to contact me.  Everything is fine and there was no damage done although there were slightly elevated waves and sudden drops in sea level.

Day 49
Thoughts and prayers go out to those in Japan and their family members all over the world. 


As always, while waiting for something exciting, the day went by VERY slowly!  I ran out of work to do and all of my supervisors had left for the weekend so I had to find ways to entertain myself while sitting at the front desk.  For the last hour of work I watched the live stream online of the good ISU v. evil ISU quarterfinal woman's basketball game.  Indiana State, the 7 seed in the tournament, upset the number 2 seed Illinois State for a great win!  We now move onto the semifinals and hopefully another upset of Missouri State! LETS GO BIG BLUE!


When I finally was off of work, I was greeted by my wonderful Aunt Donna who came into town to visit me!!!!!  I will be spending the next week (while I'm not at work) with her and my cousin Jessica so I am sure there will be tons of laughs and stories to share from our adventures! This is why I did not have time to write last night...I was too busy catching up with my family :-) Jessica comes in today and I am super excited to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment