Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 43

"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO
Gotta let go
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO
Baby, let's go

'Cause we gon' rock this club
We gon' go all night
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite
Cause I told you once
Now I told you twice
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite

I'm gonna take it all out
I'm gonna be the last one standing
I'm alone and all I
I'm gonna be the last one landing
'Cause I, I, Believe it
And I, I, I
I just want it all
I'm gonna put my hands in the air
Hands in the air
Put your hands in the air"

---Taio Cruz "Dynamite"

So I took a little road trip up to Los Angeles today to visit Stevie Brock.  For those of you who don't know, Stevie Brock is pretty much the reason I am where I am in my life right now.  I began following Stevie's music career 8 years ago.  The last time I actually SAW him though, was about two weeks before I began my freshman year of college.  This reunion was a long time coming and very worth it.  It was amazing to be able to spend some real time with Stevie without the pressures of a show day where there are so many other people around.  Stevie treated me to lunch (or breakfast) at a West Hollywood hot-spot called Toast.  We both ordered omeletes....which came with so much food I couldn't even finish it!  It was the omelet with whatever you want in it, potatoes or fruit, and toast!  We also shared a HUGE piece of strawberry shortcake! IT WAS SO GOOD!  Not only was it great food, it was a great spot to people watch.  Stevie said that he loves to go there to people watch and get ideas for his acting career.  I am so proud of Stevie for moving to Los Angeles to follow his dreams and pursue a career in music and acting.  And although he is living the LA life, he is still the same down to earth kid that I fell in love with 8 years ago.  He has a good head on his shoulders and he is going to do amazing things in his life!

Day 43's picture is of Stevie and I today...
AND...
The amazing strawberry shortcake....Talking about strawberry shortcake reminds me of a cheer...which will work perfectly to cheer on my Sycamores tomorrow!!!! (who are playing for the MVC championship and a spot in the NCAA championship in case you haven't heard)

Strawberry shortcake,
Banana split!
We think your team plays like...
Shift to the left! Shift to the right!
Stand up, sit down, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!
LETS GO STATE! STATE LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment