Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 68

"Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own"

---Katy Perry, "Firework"

 

In honor of Thomas "Carter" Flueckiger, tonight's lyrics and photo are from one of his favorite songs.  Carter was visited by over 600 people at his viewing and funeral today.  I hope to someday be as loved as Carter was.  He was clearly a special young man.

Today was a beautiful day in southern California.  Highs in the low 80s on the coast and not a cloud in the sky.  And yet, I was stuck inside almost all day!  I did get to spend an hour outside on my lunch break by sitting on the balcony outside of the lunch room but that wasn't nearly enough time.  Work today was pretty normal.  I did my work, gave breaks to Joy, the receptionist, and did more work.  I just finished working on putting together maps of various districts across the United States for the NAMM Fly-In.  I had to figure out how many NAMM members were in each district and how many employees of NAMM members were in each district.  We also gathered information on how many NAMM members are in each state and how many employees of NAMM members are in each state.  Interesting information...never thought that I would be looking up things like that in my internship.  An unexpected surprise in the afternoon was an ice cream break for the entire staff!  Apparently, since the weather was so fantastic, we were treated to an ice cream break!!!  Gotta love working at a place where you get ice cream breaks!

This afternoon, after work, I took a long walk down to the beach.  There were SOOO many people out enjoying the fantastic weather.  All of the surfers really made me want to grab a board and jump in the water even though I have no idea how to surf!  I have learned that it takes me 15 minutes to walk down to the beach from my apartment.  I am glad the sun is up later so that I don't have to drive down there because I have enough sunlight to walk!  I think I have decided that this weekend I need to go to the store and buy some beach things like a chair and maybe an umbrella!  Seeing everyone else on the beach made me jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment