Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 63 and 64

"Do you remember your imagination?
Where Neverland was a destination
Your magical adventure isn't over yet
Just hold on tight and don't forget

Every wish, every dream you ever had
Close your eyes
And it will all come rushing back
Fly away
All you need is to believe and remember when"

---LeAnn Rimes, "Remember When"

So I am terribly sorry that I missed a day of writing but I have a very good excuse!!! Yesterday, I spent the entire day (13-14 hours) at DISNEYLAND!!  My friend, Elaine, who I have known since we were in elementary school came up from Tucson, AZ for the weekend to visit Disneyland for her 22nd birthday!  Since I had Saturday off, I went up to Anaheim to visit.  We spent the entire day riding rides, eating food, people watching, and living in the magical world of Disney.  Elaine and her boyfriend had driven 8 hours through the night to get to Anaheim and so they were super tired when I arrived at 9AM.  About halfway through the day, they decided to go check into their hotel and take a nap.  I stayed at Disneyland, by myself, which was weird at first but it was actually pretty fun.  I've realized that I can go places on my own and still have a great time.  I was in the park alone for about 4 hours and there was lots to do and see.  One of my favorite parts of the day, besides hanging out with Elaine, was seeing the Fantasmic show!  It was an awesome show that combined many of the Disney movies and ended with all of the characters on the steam boat driven by Steamboat Willie!  It was great to be a kid again!



It was an amazing day at Disneyland!

Today, after 12+ hours at Disney, I went to work at the museum.  I was glad that this weekend was a little less hectic than last Sunday because I was actually able to get everything done for the week ahead in the museum.  Tomorrow I begin work in PAGR (public affairs and government relations).  I already know I will be working on plans for the NAMM Fly-In (an event where NAMM members fly to DC for a few days to talk with their congressmen about keeping music in the schools) so I think it will be very interesting to learn about.  Looking forward to the week ahead! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment