Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 71

"The French were bred to die for love
They delight in fighting duels
But I prefer a man who lives
And gives expensive jewels
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But diamonds are a girl's best friend
A kiss may be grand but it won't pay the rental
On your humble flat, or help you at the automat
Men grow cold as girls grow old
And we all lose our charms in the end
But square cut or pear shaped
These rocks don't lose their shape
Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Tiffany's, Cartier

Talk to me, Harry, Winston, tell me all about it
There may come a time when a lass needs a lawyer
But diamonds are a girl's best friend"

---Marilyn Monroe, "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"


You know what else is a girl's best friend? A shopping trip!!! No...sadly I did not buy any diamonds but I did explore the mall here in Carlsbad.  I was searching for a dress to wear to graduation....and when the mall was no help (I know...right? But pickings for dresses were pretty slim) I finally found Kohl's!!!  I bought an adorable dress that I would describe but I feel like it would make no sense!  Guess you all will just have to wait until graduation to find out what I bought!


I also pulled a grocery store run for the first time in a LONG time!  I have lots of recipes that I want to try out and I began today with a tuna casserole!
It was absolutely delicious AND yes...those are goldfish on top!  I promise, the recipe called for them! It combines all of my favorites...tri-color pasta, tuna, peas, cheeseyness, and goldfish!  I don't know what it is about tri-colored pasta but its my favorite type of pasta.  Fun fact about Annika in case you didn't know. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment