Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 90

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
the things you are, 
the things you never want to lose."

---From the television show The Wonder Years

Tonight, I was brought back to my childhood by my dinner...
Who remembers Kid Cuisine?!?! I better see those hands in the air!  One of my favorite Kid Cuisine meals (which I normally ate on the evenings that we were super busy or I had swim practice) was chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and normally a brownie...I switched the brownie for apple sauce.  This was a favorite, I think, because it was food I rarely got to eat.  I couldn't have chicken nuggets for dinner because Jeremy was allergic...no mac and cheese because Jeremy was allergic to that too!  So it was always a treat to warm up that little black tray of food and eat some yummy goodness. Now, granted, this is home made mac and cheese (not made by me...left overs from my dinner at Bonnie's) and I added a little adult flavor with a glass of wine but it still gave me the warm, fuzzy feeling of a delicious meal! Or was that just the wine?! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is a half day for me at work due to Good Friday and the Easter weekend...I don't know what I am going to do with myself being off of work at noon.  Any ideas?  Looks like you will just have to tune in tomorrow to figure out what I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment