Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 92

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me down
It's gonna be a bright bright bright bright sun shiny day
It's gonna be a bright bright bright bright sun shiny day"

---Johnny Nash, "I Can See Clearly Now"

It hasn't been raining, but it has been cloudy every morning and then generally turns into a bright, sun shiny day!  Got to love California weather! I spent the afternoon today in La Jolla with my cousin, Steven.  It is a beautiful area!  We met at the top of Mt. Solidad where there were amazing views of the surrounding San Diego areas.  There is also a war memorial in the park where we met which is pretty cool.  Once we drove down the hill, we found a parking spot right near the water.  The water in the La Jolla area is much clearer than the water up here in Carlsbad.  Parts of it had more of a greenish tint like the Caribbean and it was beautiful.  Steven and I walked down the coast towards the downtown area where we spotted a ton of sea lions bathing in the sun.  It was awesome to see them on the rocks and playing in the water.  Once we reached the downtown area, we found a neat little restaurant with a wonderful view of the water from the outdoor seating area.
It was neat to watch the kayakers out on the water having lessons during our meal.  After lunch, we went to a shop called the cave where we were able to climb down a TON of stairs to an area below ground where there is a cave that opens to the water.  It was pretty cool but those stairs were intense!  We walked around and visited the art galleries and a few other shops.  All in all, it was a nice day and I'm glad I got to spend it with Steven.  I am glad that I am getting out and exploring more areas of southern California.  There is so much to see out here.  I have to make the best of my six months because who knows the next time I might be out here to see things.

No comments:

Post a Comment