Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 94

"I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure
And I just cant wait till the day when you knock on my door
Now everytime I go for the mailbox , gotta hold myself down
Cos I just wait till you write me your coming around

I'm walking on sunshine , wooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!!"

---Katrina and the Waves, "Walking on Sunshine"

Sending some sunshine to the Midwest...

Technology.  It can be a scary thing when it malfunctions.  This afternoon I got a call from my adviser, Dr. Piechocinski.  As soon as I answered, it seemed that something was weird.  He asked me how I was doing...how I was feeling...I told him I was good. Then he asked me if I was in Indianapolis or Terre Haute.  I was very confused and told him I was in California.  Apparently, Dr. P has been receiving text messages from a number that appears to be mine (the conversation shows up in our conversation under my name) saying I was in Indianapolis and having various medical procedures done.  He realized something was really up when "I" asked him if he was going to be around at 3:30 today and never showed up. Instead, another student showed up. 

As he told me this story, I was confused and rather amused.  How do text messages from someone else show up under my number?  Dr. P said that apparently we even set up a time to meet for lunch while I was in town...except for the fact that I am in California and will not be in town!  Not only that, our previous conversations were mixed in with what this person was saying.  Technology is amazing when it works but can really cause an issue when it malfunctions.  I am glad that this was not a more serious matter.  What if someone received a text message from "me" saying I was seriously sick.  Whoever got the texts would think I was sick when they should really be worried about someone else.

AND NOW....
for those of you who are complaining about gas prices in Fort Wayne...welcome to my world.  We have been at these prices and above for WEEKS!!! I put just under 3/4 a tank of gas in my little car and spent almost $50! So glad that I don't drive too far throughout the week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment