Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 98

"Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted

Love has surely shifted my way
Marry Me
Today and every day
Marry Me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm"

---Train, "Marry Me"

Like everyone else in the world, my focus is on the Royal Wedding today.  No, I was not one of those crazies who woke up super early in the morning to watch the event of the year live (*cough*Mom and Michelle*cough*) but I will admit to following along as much as I could throughout the day.  I don't know what it is about royalty but just like everyone else, I was completely intrigued by the entire day.  Perhaps it is the fact that the United States does not have a royal family of our own to follow.  Whatever the reason, I am glad I was able to partake in the festivities.  Since I did not wake up super duper early, I did not get to see the wedding as it happened but i watched all of the coverage as I got ready for work.  One exciting moment was that I did get to see Prince William and his new wife drive out of Buckingham Palace and around the fountain as it was happening.  They both looked so happy.
Kate looked absolutely stunning in her dress but some of the other fashions were questionable.  I don't know about you but I do not really understand the obsession with hats.  Instead of making an outfit look better, most of the time it ruined the outfit (in my opinion).  I really wonder what some of these women were thinking when they were getting dressed and putting these outrageous hats on their heads.
 
Why would you assume that these looks are fashionable?!?!?  I don't think anyone is going to be creating knock offs of these hats unless it is for humorous purposes.

Although this wedding has been fun to follow, I have decided that I would NEVER want a wedding quite like this.  There were over a thousand people in Westminster Abbey for the ceremony (that's 2,000 eyes on you, watching your every move), over a million people waiting on the streets outside (over 2 million eyes), and probably over a billion people watching on TV.  How embarrassing would it be if someone had tripped?  How about if you mispronounced the vows?  It is far too much pressure to have everything absolutely perfect.  I am more than happy to just watch someone else have a life so much in the public eye (or 2 billion eyes).

Congratulations to Prince William and Catherine...now known as the Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge.  I hope you lead a happy life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment