Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 82

"And I hope you find it, what your looking for
and I hope it's everything you dreamed your life could be, and so much more
and I hope your happy wherever you are
I wanted you to know that nothings gonna change that
and I hope you find it"

---Miley Cyrus, "I Hope You Find It"

Is it weird that I have found a love for planning?  I've never really realized how much planning I did in the past until recently.  I was sitting at my desk this morning waiting on a project and began planning Adam's trip to California.  He was telling me about places he wants to see while he is here and I automatically was trying to plan it all into the four days we have.  Not only was I coming up with when to do each activity, but I decided to create a spread sheet with ALL the details.  I began looking up directions to each place, hours of operation, how long it would take to go through, and how much it would cost.

When getting ready to move to California, I did planning of our drive out here.  Mom and I planned together but I put together a sheet that had all the hotels, how long it should take to get there, how many miles we would travel a day, and pretty much everything we needed to know for the trip. When did I become so involved with spread sheets and planning?!?!  I have no clue!  I did realize, however, that I have been doing this for a long time.  Just ask my mom.

Every time I wanted to do something, I would think about it from all angles before even bringing it up.  Especially during my concert days, if i wanted to go to a show, I would plan out all the details before even asking.  I would look up times, how long it would take to get there, print directions, and figure out how much it would cost to go...after all of this, I would write it all down for Mom and bring it to her.  It must have been hard to say no because I often got what I wanted and we went to the shows.  But not only did planning get me what I wanted, I always enjoyed figuring out the details.  This brings me to my want and need to do event planning or venue management today.  I think I will be really good at a job where I can plan the details and make sure everything goes as planned.  That's my plan...lets make it come true :-)

On a completely different note....a special congratulations to the newest members of the Lambda Lambda chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi...
Mateo, Brooke, and Manda are now my brothers for life...I know I don't know Mateo and Manda very well but I am here for all three of you (even from CA).  Proud to call all three of you brothers. AEA

No comments:

Post a Comment