Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 86

"What'cha gonna do with the 36 cents
Sticky with Coke on your floorboard
When a woman on the street is huddled in the cold
On a sidewalk vent trying to keep warm
Do you call her over hand her the change
Ask her a story ask her her name
Or do you tell yourself

You're just a fool
Just a fool
To believe you can change the world
You're just a fool
Just a fool
To believe you can change the world"

---Carrie Underwood, "Change"

I LOVE this song! Just sayin'...

This evening, I was flipping through channels, and landed on VH1.  I was intrigued by the title of a show, "MobWives."  Why must they make reality shows like that.  I had no reason to want to watch the show and yet I watched an entire hour of drama based around wives of mobsters.  All of the women on the show live in Staten Island and most of their husbands/boyfriends are in jail for one reason or another.  Some of the girls grew up as daughters of the mobsters and others married into the life.  I can't imagine why anyone would chose that life for themselves.  One of the girls, Karen, is the daughter of a mobster that ratted out others to the police and so they were shunned from the community.  She has been living in Arizona and now she is going back to Staten Island because she is writing a book about the mob lifestyle.  She is leaving her daughter in Arizona because she wants to make sure that it is safe before moving her family.  Why would you want to move to a place that may not be a safe place to live for your family?  It just amazes me that people still live the life of the mob.  To most people, this lifestyle is like one from a movie.  I think most people don't realize how much it still exists and how serious a lot of people still take it.  Never did I think I would be writing a blog post about the mob.

To change subjects completely...I want to wish a very happy birthday to one of my dear friends (the one who I call my husband...) ADAM TYLER
Isn't he just adorable?!?!  Adam is an aspiring singer and has an amazing voice!  I know he is going to make it big in this industry...it's just a matter of time.  Last month, Adam played several shows in London (where this picture was taken) and just last week he played a show in New York.  I am looking forward to him playing a show in the SoCal area so that I can go see him!  You will hear his name some day...mark my words :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment