Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 74

"I'm not a girl
There is no need to protect me
It's time that I learn to face up to this on my own
I've seen so much more than you know now
So don't tell me to shut my eyes

I'm not a girl, not yet a woman
All I need is time, a moment that is mine
While I'm in between
I'm not a girl"

---Britney Spears, "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman"

I just spent two hours watching the season finale of Teen Mom 2.  That show really makes me appreciate my family and friend.  To everyone who has been in my life over the last 22 years, THANK YOU! My life could have been far different.  I look back on the lives of these girls on this show and I am so glad that I grew up the way I did with people who love me and support me.  I can't even imagine having a child now, let alone when I was 16!  It really surprises me the kids who get pregnant and expect it to be easy.  I feel like I have a good head on my shoulders and I'm fairly stable in my own life...but I don't think I could care for a baby.  These girls are not stable, they do not have money, and some don't even have a real home and yet they are caring for a child when they are still a child themselves.  It just blows my mind.

Enough ranting and raving...here's a glimpse of my day at work today...
I pretty much was looking at a computer screen ALL day!  I sat at my desk doing various tasks for the PAGR department.  I never realized how difficult it is to sit at a desk ALL day.  I am glad that tomorrow I get to work in the museum for half of the day so I at least get a change of scenery.  Even with a long day at my desk, I still am LOVING my internship and everything that I have done so far has been awesome. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment