Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 73

"Pink roses on a cloudy day
Can't think of better words to say
My mind is frozen I can't get away
From pink roses on a cloudy day"

---ISU Summer Honors 2010, "Pink Roses"

I was trying to come up with a song about flowers and this was the first one that popped into my head.  Oh the memories of Summer Honors.  One of the amazing memories of my time spent at ISU.  Now, back to the topic at hand...my internship!  Today I turned in my 4th report about my internship...that means I am beginning my 10th week at NAMM! TEN WEEKS!! I can't believe I have been working for ten weeks.  It seems like just yesterday that mom and I were packing up my car to begin our drive.  I am still working in PAGR this week.  I helped out with finishing the binders of information for the board meeting next week and began inputting data gathered from a clinic that has been taking place in different states with music educators.  The information is about how they recruit kids to remain in music throughout middle and high school.

After work, I finally decided to stop at the top of the hill and see the flower field.  BEAUTIFUL!!!  Hence the reasoning for a song about flowers...no there were no pink roses and it wasn't a cloudy day but here are the pictures I took...some edited slightly...some not...




These "famous" Carlsbad Flower Fields are located on the hill right below my office building.  Yes, I have this view every day from my office building.  In the second to last picture, you can see the ocean in the distance if you look SUPER close!  It is really about 2 miles away but the picture makes it look much further.  Enjoy the feeling of spring...hope all the flowers back home are blooming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment