Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 76

"Since the day they got married,
He'd been praying for a little baby boy.
Someone he could take fishing,
Throw the football and be his pride and joy.
He could already see him holding that trophy,
Taking his team to state.
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket,
All those big dreams changed.

And now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl."

---Carrie Underwood, "All-American Girl"

Tonight's post is completely dedicated to the fact that I am getting ready to go to the airport and pick up my Daddy!!!! Yes, I am 22 years old and I still call him Daddy!  Dad is coming to visit me in California and spend the weekend with me!  It has officially been 76 days since I last saw him and I am super excited to spend some quality time with him.
My dad and I have a very special relationship.  It all began when I came into this world 22 years ago (isn't that how most relationships with someone's father start?!?).  Dad called me cherubic...to this day I still don't really know what that means but I know everyone thought it was an interesting thing to say about a new baby girl.  Dad and I share a love for music and our beautiful blue eyes amongst other things!  I am affectionately called Dad's protector.  I couldn't ask for a better Dad and I can't wait to spend the next few fun-filled days with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment