Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 93

"Rina bear....do dooo...do do!
Rina bear...do dooooooo...do do!
It's Rina time in the city!"

---Annabel and Jezabel, "Rina Bear"

Today is a very special day.  Not only is it Easter Sunday...it is my darling puppy's 12th birthday!
Twelve years (minus six weeks) ago, we found this little cutie on a farm in southern Virginia (the dog...not the girl...who is me in case you couldn't tell!). 
On the drive home, Jeremy decided she should be named S'more because she had the coloring of a s'more.  I said it wasn't girlie enough and said S'morina....which turned into Rina for short!  Her full name became Countess (in honor of mom's old boxer Princess) S'morina De'Lorange (because we got her in Orange, Virginia) Bugge!

We had our issues in the beginning...I thought she hated me...but it soon turned into a love/love relationship! We became best friend!

The last time I saw her was the day I left for California.  Now she has turned 12 years old and I am sad that I am not there to party with her.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING RINA!!! I will see you in a few short months!

Today, as I mentioned, is also Easter Sunday.  I spent the entire day in the museum.  We were very slow and I became quite bored.  By the time I got home, I was so ready to do something so I decided to make myself an Easter dinner.
Delicious chicken, mac and cheese, carrots, crescent rolls (which are not in the picture cuz they were cooling...), and some fantastic wine! Nothing like a family meal but it was pretty darn good.  Then, after dinner, I skyped with my darling nephew and family...
Isn't he just the cutest thing ever??????  I miss my family a lot while I'm out here but in 12 short days, I will be back in Indiana to spend a fantastic weekend with them.  Just have to get through two work weeks and I can spend some time away with them!  All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment