Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 101 and 102

"The sneer is gone from Casey's lip, his teeth are clenched in hate;
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate.
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Casey's blow.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has struck out."

---Ernest Thayer, "Casey at the Bat"
So I was planning on writing a nice long blog tonight...but then I was on the phone for almost two hours after work and had to catch up on last night's shows and then had to watch tonight's shows...so now I am officially behind where I wanted to be.  So maybe this wont be as in depth as I thought but here's the quick run down...

Yesterday afternoon, I drove to San Diego to spend some more time with Jacy and her mom!  We went to the Padres v. Pirates baseball game and had a great time.  In the top of the first inning, the Pirates scored 4 runs...it was going to be a long game!  The Padres made a good attempt at a come back but couldn't quite hold on at the end.  The Pirates ended up winning the game.  We had some pretty good seats and had some fun people sitting around us which made the game lots of fun. "hip hip....JORGE!!!" was chanted by our group every time Jorge Cantu was up to bat. "Chuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrro" was another fun joke in our section.  It was a great time with great people! OH! I almost forgot...due to the death of Osama bin Laden the night before, there were several tributes to the troops.  The Padres even wore their camo uniforms to honor our troops.  A man in the stadium had a sign that said "Thank you Navy SEALs" too which was pretty cool...especially since there were a lot of Navy members at the game due to Coronado being right across the water.

I didn't get to edit my pictures because of my distractions today BUT here is a picture of the reason I went to the game....
I am SOOOOO glad I got to see my BFF two days in a row!  The other women is Paula...one of Mrs. Dorsey's former co-workers who now lives in Southern California.  AND our new friends from the row behind us were trying to get the Padres hat in the picture but it got cut off...All in all, it was a terrific night of great company and a great game! 

Now...time to catch up on another show I missed last night....til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment