Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 100

"From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say. 

That I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me. 

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA."

---Lee Greenwood, "God Bless the USA"

I had a post planned for tonight...DAY 100 OF MY BLOG...however, today's events have changed my plans.  Thank you to the men and women of our armed forces!  Each and every one of you have contributed to this day.  Osama Bin Laden has been pronounced dead and his body is in the custody of our troops.  A man who took the lives, unjustly, of so many Americans (and others all around the world) has finally been brought down.  Although this is not the end of the fight against terrorism, it is a LARGE step in the right direction.  I wish it hadn't taken ten years to do but it is great that Bin Laden is finally gone.

The planned post for today was going to be about 100 day.  Did anyone else have 100 day in elementary school?  At Lake Anne, we always celebrated when we had been in school for 100 days.  Most students brought in 100 of certain things.  I am trying to remember some of the things that I brought into school for 100 day.  One year, I think I brought 100 pipe cleaners.  People brought things like 100 cheerios and 100 balloons.  Anyone else remember this?

And speaking of elementary school....I SAW MY BEST FRIEND FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!
A surprise that came while I was at work was a text saying that Jacinta and her mom were taking the train up to Carlsbad to visit!  I wasn't supposed to see them until tomorrow but I ended up having dinner with them and catching up.  I also drove them back to San Diego and now I know where I will be driving tomorrow when I head down there for the Padres game.  I am super excited to spend some quality time with my BFF.  I probably wont post tomorrow because it is going to be a long night AND Jacy is coming up to Carlsbad with me and we are having a slumber party BUT a full update will be coming Tuesday.  I love being able to catch up with someone who has been so much a part of my life even after I moved away from Virginia! Loving life right now!! Best week ever!

OH! I almost forgot...Spindle has himself a little girlfriend!!! I came home this evening to not one...BUT TWO spiders in Spindle's web!  One was bigger than the other and so I decided it is Spindle and his girlfriend!  Let's just hope that he stays outside like a good little spider! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment