Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 128

"If I told you what it takes
to reach the highest high,
You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple'
But you've been told many times before
Messiahs pointed to the door
And no one had the guts to leave the temple!

I'm free-I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free-I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me."

---The Who, "I'm Free"

Today was a momentous occasion...(is that really how you spell momentous? it looks really weird...) it was my final Sunday in the museum!!!  From now on, I am like a normal person and have 2 day weekends! WOOHOO!!  It will be sad not to have that extra money deposited into my account twice a month BUT I am excited that I have two days off in a row to explore.

For those of you that don't know, the museum is closing down from June 1-August 20 for a major remodel!  This means that the entire museum and store will be closed for 2 1/2 months.  I think it is going to be odd not having to go to work on Sunday's at first but I am really hoping that it gives me more time to do things in the SoCal area before my internship is over.  I only have 57 days left in my internship...then its "bye bye" California and I will be on my way back to Indiana.  I don't even want to think about it.  Looking forward to these next 57 days :-D

Happy Memorial Day weekend!  Let's remember all those who have served and are serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment