Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 129

"You showed me faith is not blind
I don't need wings to help me fly
Miracles happen, once in a while
When you believe
(miracles happen)
You showed me dreams come to life
That taking a chance on us was right
All things will come with a little time
When You believe"

---Myra, "Miracles Happen"

What an exciting day it has been.  It actually started last night, just as I laid down to go to sleep.  I turned off my light and tucked myself in when my phone started vibrating.  It was my brother.  Jeremy and Michelle were on the way to Dupont Hospital....I was hopefully going to have a new baby nephew very soon.  I received another call about 2AM that woke me up. I had a new nephew and everyone was doing fine.  Dean Lawrence Bugge was born at 4:19AM on May 30, 2011 (what would have been my grandma's 75th birthday).
Welcome to the world, Dean!!! You have already stolen a special place in my heart and it is going to be torture being away for another two months as you grow.  I can't wait to come home and meet you.  But until then, skype is a good supplement.  This afternoon, I skyped with everyone in the hospital and it ALMOST made me feel like I was there...

Logan was by far my biggest fan of the event but it was great to see everyone. (in this picture from left to right:  Andrea Hunley, August Hunley, Ryan Hunley, Logan Mac Bugge, Gary Bugge, the right side of Diana Yngstrom-Bugge, and the right arm of Jeremy Bugge)

On another note, I went to see Bridesmaids this afternoon with a few ladies from work and it was a lot of fun.  The movie was hilarious and the company was great too.  This evening, I am heading down to San Diego to hang out with my cousin, Steven, to have a picnic AND to watch some Memorial Day fireworks.  Speaking of Memorial Day, today may be considered the start of summer for many people but it also represents the many people who have lost their lives while fighting for OUR freedom.  Thank you to ALL of the service men and women.  Without your contributions, life as we know it would be completely different.  I am thankful and proud to be apart of this country.  Thinking of all of our fallen soldiers today.

So as you can see, it has been a busy day...and it's not even over yet.  Leaving shortly for San Diego (I had to write this before I left because I wont feel like it when I get home).

No comments:

Post a Comment