Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 126

"When this Boy Meets World
Boy Meets World
Wandering down this road, that we call life
Is what we're doin'
It's good to know I have friends that will always
Stand by me
When this Boy Meets World."

---Boy Meets World Theme Song 

T.G.I.F.  Remember TGIF on ABC?!  Friday nights are just not the same any more. My favorite part of Friday was tuning in to all of the awesome shows on Friday nights!  The four shows I specifically remember are Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Teen Angel, and You Wish. OH YEAH and Two of a Kind in the later seasons of TGIF.  Friday's were also pizza night in our house.  Dad would (and still does) make Boboli pizza for the family.  Often times, if I had friends over for a sleepover, we would eat one of my other favorites...hot dogs, mashed potatoes, and peas!  After dinner, I would curl up with mom in her bed and watch TGIF.

One of my most vivid memories of watching TGIF was when my friend Emma would come over.  She loved to come over and spend the night.  But it just so happens that for several sleepovers in a row, the SAME Boy Meets World episode would be on TGIF.  It was a scary episode and we would always curl up under the covers and watch.  We always said it was our least favorite episode because we didn't want to be scared but I think we secretly liked it.  But to tell you the truth...I just found the episode on youtube and it still gives me chills...it is almost like nothing has changed!  I miss those days!
I always hoped my life would be like the characters of Boy Meets World when I was in high school..I don't think it quite turned out like that but I wouldn't change my high school experience for anything :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment