Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 115

"Bermuda Triangle
It makes people disappear
Bermuda Triangle
Don't go too near
But she
Doesn't see my angle
And she thinks I'm being dumb
So Bermuda Triangle
Here we come!
Lying with my woman on
The island sand
I look up and see her with
A stranger, hand in hand
I see her sitting on his blanket
I see them going for a swim
And when I run to find my woman
I find her running after him!"

---Barry Manilow, "Bermuda Triangle"

I feel like NAMM has somehow been transported to the Bermuda Triangle the last few days.  I shared about the car from yesterday...we also had the building alarm go off Saturday night because some how the front door wasn't closed and someone walked in thinking our event was at NAMM and not at the library.  Today, I was sitting at the front desk when I started to smell something that reminded me of chlorine (and trust me...there is NO pool in or near the NAMM building).  The smell started to get stronger and soon started to smell like something was burning.  Turns out, a transformer had blown and was smoking and stinking up the mail level of the building!  We had to spend the rest of the afternoon with the front doors, the doors that lead to Armada, AND the side doors open in hopes of getting the smell out.  I am pretty sure it is still going to smell tomorrow.  Thank goodness we noticed and alerted someone fairly quickly because that could have easily turned into a fire.

As for the car...I don't know what exactly happened but I do know that the person who owns the car did show up to work today and they seem to be fine!  So that's a plus!  I just find it weird that all these strange things are happening in the same week.  One other strange thing, I am supposed to be working in the MarCom (Marketing and Communication) department this week...well half of the department (including the person who is in charge and has my jobs for the week) were out sick.  The other person that could give me jobs just got back from the fly-in and so he was not sure what needed to be done.  I was left on my own to get my own things done...I hope they have a job for me tomorrow!

While we are stuck in the the Triangle...
It was a beautiful day...this was taken during my lunch break....looking out towards the mountains from the balcony :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment