Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 114

"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me"

---Burt Bacharach, "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"

It was a very busy/interesting day at the museum today.  When I showed up to work, there were already 5-6 cars in the parking lot (odd because normally I am the only car in the lot when I pull in).  I went inside and found Alfi (who was in early) who told me that our first recital was starting at 10AM so they showed up at 9 to start setting up.  By the time I had finished all of the opening procedures, it had begun to rain and so we figured we would be busier than normal since people don't want to be outside in the rain.  After the first recital, we had a tour of 8 year olds coming through the museum for a birthday party.  Alfi and I enjoyed this because we actually had to be creative and (on the spot) make it a fun experience for the birthday girl and her friends.  Since we had two recitals, they could not have their drum circle where we normally hold it and so we had to brainstorm another place to put them.  We also had to work out timing so that the party was over by the time the second recital was starting.  It was fun and challenging to put it together on such short notice.  We got it done and everyone was happy and that is all that matters.

When I walked in this morning, Alfi told me that something very strange had happened that morning.  Apparently, there were several cars in the lot when she had arrived and after talking to the person in charge of the recital she quickly realized that one of the cars did not belong to them.  This car was in the lot with the driver side door WIDE open.  Alfi looked at the car and recognized it immediately.  She wasn't 100% but she was pretty sure the car belongs to someone who works at NAMM with us.  The guy, who is running the recital, did not want to go over to the car and so Alfi went over to the driver's side to check it out.  Luckily, no one was in the car but it was odd that the door was wide open.  We spent most of the morning trying to figure out why this person's car was in the lot and where they were.  Alfi tried to get a hold of the person but they never called back.  We also talked to Cathy (head of HR) and Carolyn (head of the museum) and finally decided that this person must have dropped their car off and was in a rush and didn't realize they never closed the door.  When I left this afternoon, we still haddn't heard from them though so I'm hoping that everything is ok.  It was just very odd that the door to the car was wide open and no one was around and they never called back.  If I ever hear exactly what happened I will fill you all in.

No picture today because I can't think of anything to post....I'll make it up to you later :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment