Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 119

"On top of spaghetti,
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball,
When somebody sneezed.

It rolled off the table,
And on to the floor,
And then my poor meatball,
Rolled out of the door.

It rolled in the garden,
And under a bush,
And then my poor meatball,
Was nothing but mush.

The mush was as tasty
As tasty could be,
And then the next summer,
It grew into a tree.

The tree was all covered,
All covered with moss,
And on it grew meatballs,
And tomato sauce.

So if you eat spaghetti,
All covered with cheese,
Hold on to your meatball,
Whenever you sneeze."

---Every little kid when eating spaghetti for dinner, "On Top Of Spaghetti"

Anyone else used to sing that song when they were little?  I remember thinking that it was one of the silliest songs ever.
Can you guess what I had for dinner???  My FAMOUS (well famous in my family at least) spaghetti!  I am proud of myself because I was able to cook for one with just about enough left over for lunch tomorrow!  Normally when I make spaghetti, I end up making it for an entire army instead of the few people I am actually feeding.

Apparently tonight's blog is going to be pretty much completely about my spaghetti because I can't come up with anything exciting to talk about.  Tomorrow I have a VERY busy day at the museum...I am told we have 3 tours (one of which is 150 kids) and two recitals (on top of our normal crowds).  I guess my only Saturday in the museum will be an interesting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment