Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 133

"I wanna sleep up on the jewels in the sky
In deep blue oceans I could dream there all night
The birds are calling to me
In the early morning hour

Wake up, this morning
It's magic, I promise"

---Jackson Price, "Magic, I Promise"

So I spent the evening in my office building....but no worries, I wasn't working!  I spent the evening eating pizza and listening to some great music by a guy named Jackson Price and his band!  That's right...it was Local Flavor night!!  If you remember WAAAAAAAAAAY back to my first week at NAMM, I went to another Local Flavor night with Lee Coulter which was a lot of fun.   This was a much smaller crowd but it was still a great time.  Here is a picture...sorry the quality is bad but the lighting and my phone were not really getting along...
Anyway...it was a good way to spend my Friday night and I'm still home early enough to blog about it!

On a completely different note...my darling guard spider, Spindle, has been found alive and kickin'!  For those of you that don't know (which is probably everyone except my mom because I'm pretty sure I never blogged about it...nor do I think anyone except mom would ask me about Spindle) sometime last week (or maybe the week before) I came home to see that Spindle's GIANT web on the side of the house was gone.  I was pretty sure my landlord, Steve, knocked it down because he doesn't know that Spindy and I have become friends.  Anyway, I was pretty upset about it because that was Spindle's home and now I wasn't sure he would come back to me.  Mom asked me today if I had seen him since the web was knocked down and I said no.  BUT it just so happens that when I got back from the concert tonight, I noticed there was a web across my walkway.  I thought maybe, just maybe, my Spindle had come back to me. AND THERE HE WAS!!!!! Spindle was back in his spot to guard my apartment against unwanted visitors!  One such visitor seemed to be stuck in the web and Spindy was fighting him off like a good little guard spider.  It was a rather large (and might I add ugly) tan colored spider that I would NOT want in my apartment so I am glad that Spindle was there to take care of it for me.

So there you have it folks...all is good in the world...Spindle has returned and built himself another lovely web where he can wait and attack any one or any thing that comes near my apartment.  Glad to have you back, old friend!  PS...if you want to learn more about Spindle...re-read my blog!  It was probably close to two months ago that I first met spindle...there are two or three blogs throughout those next two months that talk about my relationship with Spindle and how it has grown into a beautiful friendship. :-)

PS-tomorrow looks like it might just turn into a really fun day...but I don't want to give anything away so if you want to know what I did...tune in tomorrow evening to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased that Spindle is back on duty! I was worried about him! :-)

    ReplyDelete