Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 150

"Words can't express my boundless gratitude for you
I appreciate what you do
You've given me such security
No matter what mistakes I make you're there for me
You kill my disappointments and you heal my pain
You understand my fears and you protected me
Treasure every extraordinary memory and that's why...

I want my unborn son to be like my daddy
I want my husband to be like my daddy
There is no one else like my daddy
And I thank you for loving me"

---Beyonce, "Daddy"


Now I bet most of you expected me to have a post yesterday about Father's Day...but here is the thing...today is really the day to celebrate my dad.  Today is my dad's birthday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!!!  My dad and I have a very special relationship.  From the day I was born and he called me cherubic...I knew that we were going to be amazing friends. I know, I know...how does a new born baby know something like that?  Well I don't have an answer but I know that was the start of something special.  I am definitely a Daddy's girl! (I'm a mamma's girl too but this post is about dad)  Dad and I have shared some amazing memories...we have our own jokes; we share a love for music.  He humors me and makes me dreams come true.  When I wanted to drive 6 hours to Wisconsin (pretty much on a whim) to see Stevie...he got in the car and drove me six hours there and six hours back...no questions asked.  My dad is my hero.



Happy Birthday Daddy!!!! 
Thank you for helping me see the future (even when I didn't know you were doing it) 
I Love You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment