Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 138

"It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go,
No one will know,
Come on girl.
Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow,
Shots of patron,
And it's on girl.

Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready."

---Bruno Mars, "Marry You"


This song is stuck in my head...I was watching something on youtube and through their "suggestion" videos on the side bar, I eventually ended up on the Glee-Marry You video and now the song is stuck in my head.  But now on to the blogging...

I have this odd feeling that I should be doing something right now but I can't think of what it could be.  Instead, I decided to write my blog and call it an early night.  Today was a very relaxing day at work.  I was pretty much all on my own all day.  I am working in Trade Show Registration this week and Ken, the person who is in charge of me, was out sick all day.  I was able to get some registrations entered into the system but then I had to find something else to do. I went back to my scanning project I have been working on since the beginning of my internship.  Slowly but surely it is getting done!  In the afternoon, I was supposed to be helping the museum staff but they really did not have much to do.  I found my own things to do and kept myself busy.  I felt like a real employee that does what needs to be done and not what someone tells you to two every two seconds.  WEIRD!

This evening was fun...I went to my first online concert.  There is a site called stageit.com where artists can put on shows for their fans through what is pretty much a video chat.  It is a neat idea for artists who haven't toured a lot because now all of their fans can see them perform "live".  The show I went to was for Mark Russell (who I actually did see perform live a few weeks ago).  It was a half hour show and he performed a lot of his new songs...INCLUDING...a song that he promised he would write for me like two years ago!!!  He just began writing it and only shared half of the first verse but I already know I am going to LOVE it!  I also watched my friend Adam Tyler (the one I went to see Mark Russell with) do an interview for an online radio/video show.  It was lots of fun!

There is no picture of the day but I do want to share a beautiful rendition of "I Would Die 4 U" by Prince and the Revolutions done by Stevie Brock:
I just LOVE his voice!!!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment