Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 155 and 156

"I've got something to say to you
You bruised me good and you twist the truth
It's clear we're stuck
Nothing we can do
We're broken, broken in two
We're shattered ice, ice, ice
We're shattered ice, ice, ice
Woah"

---Adam Tyler, "Shattered Ice"

I knew I wouldn't get to the blog last night!  And I was doing so well...I thought I might actually make it through an entire month without missing a day of blogging.  But I guess it is a good thing that I didn't blog last night because that means I was out having a good time.  Last night I lived a bit of a life that I am not used to.  I went to downtown LA to hang out in a night club.  My dear friend, often referred to as my husband, Adam Tyler was performing at the Cabana Club off of Sunset Blvd.  It was an interesting experience...I entered through the back door to the club, knew no one in the room, and just chilled while waiting for Adam to come out.  Adam's friend Jenna came to hang with me while we waited and during the performance.  Although Adam's performance was AWESOME...I found it strange that the room was still pretty much dead by the time the show was over.  I mean, c'mon now!  It is a Los Angeles nightclub and NO one was there.  We then noticed that the entire front of the club was PACKED but since we were in the back, people had not trickled back there yet.  I wish people had been back there to see Adam perform but it was still an awesome night.  I was able to hang out with Adam and his family for a bit after the show before heading back to my hotel.  Speaking of my hotel...I was VERY impressed.  It was extremely nice for the money I paid for it. OH...and I had an awesome view of the pool from my balcony!





















Today, I had an equally as exciting and fun filled day!  I had a relaxing morning and then packed up my stuff, checked out of the hotel, and headed to Hollywood to see my boy, Stevie Brock.  If you have read my previous posts, you know that I have known Stevie for 8 years.  I started out as simply a fan but since then we have become friends...We met at Toast in West Hollywood for a brunch meal.  It was wonderful.  We had a great time catching up and talking about life.
And the final amazingness of my day...Adventures with Logan!!!!  Here are some screen shots of our Skype conversation from this afternoon...


Highlights of the conversation...Logan can now say my name (Annika instead of Anka!!!) and he has learned elephant instead of elphant AND giraffe instead of raffe!  Man he is getting so smart!!! I can't wait to get home and see him :-)  It was a GREAT weekend :-D  I hope this makes up for not posting last night...tonight you get a zillion pictures AND a long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment