Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 152

"Little deuce Coupe
You don't know what I got
Little deuce Coupe
You don't know what I got

Well I'm not braggin' babe so don't put me down
But I've got the fastest set of wheels in town
When something comes up to me he don't even try
Cause if I had a set of wings man I know she could fly
She's my little deuce coupe
You don't know what I got
(My little deuce coupe)
(You don't know what I got)"

---Beach Boys, "Little Deuce Coupe"

The joys of car ownership.  Today I dealt with my first REAL car owner expense.  That means my first expensive expense!  When I took my car to Audi two weeks ago for my servicing, they told me that several things needed to be done.  The rear brakes and rotors needed to be changed; the timing belt needed to be replaced; and some little things were leaking that needed to be fixed.  They quoted me for about $2,500 (if not more) for the repairs.  Now...I know this is California but really?!?! That just seems a bit absurd!  After speaking with some people at work, I found an auto shop in Carlsbad that they said I could trust.  I called and got estimates for the two things I wanted done ASAP before I drive back to Indiana and it was a good $400 cheaper than it would have been to get these things done at Audi!  I made an appointment and brought my car in this morning.  Everyone at the shop was super nice.  They even offered a shuttle service to anywhere in Carlsbad.  If that wasn't good enough, when they called to tell me my car was done they offered to drive back to my work and pick me up!!!  I got my brakes and rotors, timing belt, and water pump (they called and said it would be a good idea to have this done since they had to take it off anyway to do the timing belt) done for at least $100 less than what Audi would have charged just to do the first two things.  It was a good experience and all but I hope that Heidi (yes..my audi's name is Heidi) is not sick for a long, long time!!  I am willing to fix her, of course, but I would like it much better if she stays healthy so I don't have to! :-)
I love my Heidi!  She has treated me well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment