Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 142

"Lazy Sunday afternoon-a
I've got no mind to worry
Close my eyes and drift away-a

Root-de-doo-de-doo, a-root-de-doot-de doy di
A-root-de doot de dum, a-ree-de-dee-de-doo dee
Doo, doo, doo

There's no one to hear me
There's nothing to say
And no one can stop me
From feeling this way, yeah"

---Small Faces, "Lazy Sunday"


Where did the weekend go?!?!?!?!?!  I was so excited about having two day weekends but they seem to go just as fast as the one day weekends!  Will I never be satisfied??? OK...I'll answer that as a "probably not."  Anyway, I had a pretty relaxing Sunday.  I went to the beach for a few hours this afternoon.  It was rather windy and I ended up leaving earlier than I planned.  Sand was blowing EVERYWHERE and as much as I tried to keep it from getting all over me...it was no use!  It was still a nice and relaxing time at the beach.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking some of my favorite foods that I don't eat all that often!  First off was my favorite pasta salad that mom makes in the summer time!  We normally only make it once or twice a year and I really don't know why because it is sooooo easy...but I made it tonight and I am super excited to eat it!  I also made this chicken and broccoli dish that was made for mom and I by Dr. A (one of my best friend's moms AND my vice principal from elementary school) when we went to stay with them after we moved to Indiana.  I ate some of it for dinner and left the rest for left overs that I can bring for lunch at work! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!
NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!! Back to the grindstone of work tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment