Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 134

"You could travel the world
But nothing comes close
To the golden coast
Once you party with us
You'll be falling in love
Oooooh Oh Oooooh

California girls

We're unforgettable
Daisy Dukes
Bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin
So hot
Will melt your popsicle
Oooooh Oh Oooooh"

---Katy Perry, "California Gurls"

It was a beautiful day outside today.  I left my house this morning to head down to the beach for the Carlsbad Beach Festival!!
This festival is put on by the California State Parks in order to promote clean beaches across the state.  The festival spanned about a mile of the beach with lots of tents and beach activities.  There were four different stages that had performers all day.  There was also sand building...like what is pictured above.  It was neat because if you offered to help clean up the beach by using one of their bags and picking up trash as you walked around, they would enter you in for lots of free stuff and free food at the festival.  Unfortunately, I did not hear about this part of the festival until I was at the end and getting ready to head back home.  They were also giving free surfing lessons which I SO would have done but it was chilly when I left my apartment and I didn't want to put a swim suit on.  All in all, it was a great time and I was able to spend much of the day out in the sun enjoying the beautiful 70 degrees and sunny weather :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment