Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 154

"I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman"

---Helen Reddy, "I Am Woman"

Believe it or not, they left me in charge at work today!!!!  Ok so maybe I was only in charge of one department...and maybe there is only technically one employee in that department (trade show registration) and he was the one out...so maybe I was in charge of myself...but I was still in charge!!!  And I actually had to solve a few issues so I felt very accomplished today.  I like knowing that people at NAMM trust me to be in charge and trust me to solve their problems.  It makes me feel very special.  I held down the fort.  There were no crash and burns so all in all I would say it was a successful day at work for me!  It was also breakfast Friday...the last Friday of the month where we get breakfast at work.  It was my month to be apart of planning the breakfast and being on kitchen duty.  We did Einstein bagels, fruit salad, and fruit parfait....simple but de-LISH!  Another successful aspect of the day...
I am the proud owner of my first EVER pair of fuzzy dice!!!!  I have NO idea what they were for originally (although they do have the summer 11 logo on them...) but there was an entire box of them in the staff room today for the taking. YAY FOR FUZZY DICE!!!

Not sure if I will write tomorrow or not....so I guess you will just have to check in and see...if I don't then Sunday is sure to be a very informative blog about my exciting weekend in LA :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment